The Radius and Proximity Tool is useful for determining where certain points on your map lie, how far one map point is from other points on your map, and seeing how many points on your map exist within various distance increments. The end result is a beautifully simple, easy-to-understand visualization of your location data.
How can I use Radius Mapping Software?
- Add a radius circle around a location. Creating a radius circle around a location can be done in a matter of seconds. All you have to do is choose your starting location, set your proximity distance, add further customization if desired, and click add radius, that’s it.
- Draw a radius around all your locations. Load an excel spreadsheet into our mapping software that includes your locations and the locations of all your clients. You can then group your data so that your locations each have a circle drawn around them at whatever radius you want. The resulting map can help you to identify what percentage of your customers lie within a certain distance from your locations. It can also help you to identify areas where you might want to open a new location.
- Export locations and distances. Exporting location data within your radius circle is incredibly simple and convenient. Simply click on the radius you want to export data from, select “Export Locations”, then choose the file type you want. The file will include all the data from your spreadsheet along with an extra column that has the straight line distance to the center of the circle.
- Export Zip Codes and other boundaries. If you click on a radius you add to your map you will have several options. One of your options will be to export boundaries that fall within that radius. Maptive provides several types of geographic boundaries, but most people use this feature to export zip codes or postal codes that fall within a radius around their location.
- Adjust distance and color. The Proximity tool allows you to easily adjust in real-time the distance you originally set. You can also select a color for your radius circle to make it even easier to view on your map.
- Customize information. After your radius circle has been created, you can choose to customize the popup that appears within the circle. This is useful when you are creating multiple radius circles on your map and need to quickly identify or categorize the location data captured within your circles.
Start mapping now!
Just follow these simple steps:
Copy & Paste OR Drag & Drop
your data set here.
OR you can Upload My File
Double Click then Copy & Paste
Drag and drop
your data here