Add demographic census data to your map to gain new insights on your customers and spot key trends that could be beneficial for your business. This type of GIS analysis is extremely valuable when it comes to building sales territories, planning marketing campaigns, and determining the best way to target potential customers.
Demographic Data in Just a Few Clicks
Our demographic map tool works in conjunction with our boundary tool to provide you with a wealth of useful information about the people living within a selected territory.
Say you would like to find out if there are any areas of high income in Iowa, see how many African Americans live in Los Angeles, or view poverty rates from any other metro area. You can find all of this within moments.
Create detailed geographic boundaries within your map based on zip code, counties, states, or congressional districts. Then simply select the demographic data you want to display for those areas. Click the territories you’ve established on your map to access your demographic insights.
What Types of Demographic Data Are Available?
Maptive offers demographics for:
- Population Data
- Citizenship Status
- Median Family Income Data
Data is available for the United States, courtesy of the U.S. census bureau. We also offer insights from Canada, the UK, Australia, and many other countries.
What Else Can I Do with the Demographic Maps?
Using our demographic data, along with the boundary tool, allows you to customize your map in a number of different ways:
- Categorize Boundaries: Mark any area of interest that contains the types of prospects you’re looking for and flag regions that don’t have the demographics you’re targeting.
- Customize Boundaries: After reviewing your demographic data, use Maptive’s customization tools to adjust the width, boundary color, fill color, and fill-opacity of your territories based on your needs.
- Edit Boundaries: Edit and change your boundaries as needed to gain new demographic insights on the areas you’re targeting.
- Export Data: Export demographic data to a spreadsheet to easily share it with your team.
Here’s How You Do It
Step 1: Sign up for a Maptive free trial account. Try Maptive for free and explore the many mapping tools we have to offer.
Step 2: Upload or input your data. You can upload data directly from an existing spreadsheet, copy and paste your data into Maptive, or enter it manually.
Step 3: Select “Create Map” to view your map. Your location data will now be plotted on a beautiful interactive map. Maptive is cloud-based, meaning you can log in from wherever you are and view it any time.
Step 4: Select the Boundary Tool from the Map Tools menu. Click the wrench and screwdriver icon in the top left corner to access the Map Tools menu. From there, click the Boundary Tool.
Step 5: Choose Your Boundary Type. Open the “Select Boundary Type” menu to choose between zip code, country, state, and more.
Step 6: Select “Demographic Census Data” as your fill type. Open the “Boundary Fill Type” menu, then select “Demographic Census Data.”
Step 7: Choose your data group. Open the “Demographic Group” menu and select the group you’d like data for. Open the “Boundary Fill Data” menu to further define your data.
Step 8: Click “Add Boundary +.” Your demographic data can now be accessed by clicking on the territories you’ve established on your map.
That’s it, your demographic map is all set up. Use this data as a portal into the lives of your customers. Identify trends that have a direct bearing on your operations and understand why certain areas are under or over-performing.
What Can Demographic Data Be Used For?
Take your research, business planning, and marketing to the next level by learning the demographics of a given area. With insights like population density, minority populations, median household income, and poverty status you will:
- Effectively Target Customers with Marketing: Analyze the demographics of your sales territories and develop marketing campaigns that speak directly to your customers.
- Find Your Ideal Customers: Are you looking to target a specific segment of the population? Find where those people are so you can turn them into customers.
- Discover Who’s Buying Your Products and Services: Is a particular territory performing better than others? Have a look at the demographics to see if your offerings are appealing to a certain group.
- Customize Your Offerings: As you expand into new areas have a look at the demographics and customize your products and services based on your findings.