Transform Your Excel Data Points Into a Map
A lot of mapping tools are cumbersome, complicated, or expensive to use. Our elegant Excel mapping software was designed to make mapping simple and fast for everyone — plot addresses on a Google map from Excel within minutes.
To get started with Maptive, simply follow the steps below to create a map from your data. Once complete, each row in your spreadsheet will be represented by a marker on the map, and you can start analyzing and discovering new opportunities buried in your data.
4 Steps to create a map from Excel data:
In just a few steps, we will show you how to create a map using your very own data.
Step 1: Sign up for the free trial of our enterprise-level mapping software. (Remember when we told you how free it was? You don’t even need to give us your credit card details.)
Step 2: Click the “create your first map” button. Give it a name, click “Continue” and you’re ready to start.
Step 3: Upload your excel mapping data into our platform. We’ll do the heavy lifting and generate an interactive customizable Google Map.
As a side note, there are other methods to get your data into our system. Try these alternative methods to see what best suits you:
- Use our API to connect your data directly to your map for real-time updates to your map.
- Connect your Google Spreadsheet data directly to our platform. Any changes made on your Google Spreadsheet will automatically be reflected on your map.
- Start with a blank map and add your locations manually one at a time.
Step 4: Select the columns on your spreadsheet that contain location data. We’ll automatically match most of them for you so you can do this step in your sleep.
Congratulations! There you have it — an exquisite map awaiting your personal touch.
Once you have your initial map created, make use of the many tools in our software to customize your map and discover new opportunities hiding in your data.
Then share your maps, embed your maps, save your map, keep your maps to yourself — it’s up to you. One thing you can be sure of is that using our powerful software will open up a new world of ways to use your data to benefit you and your business.
What Can Maptive’s Excel Maps Do?
Maptive provides hundreds of features that let you view your spreadsheet data. Below is just a sampling of what is possible. If you have a specific need, feel free to view all our features or ask us a question using the button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Heat map Excel Data. Generate a heat map based on the geographic location of each row of data. If you want to add weight to the locations in your spreadsheet, you can select a column such as sales or clients. The resulting heat map will be darker where there are more total sales and lighter where there are few or none.
- Group spreadsheet data on a map. Select a column in your Excel data and Maptive will automatically find all of the unique values in that column. We will then place a colored marker on the map for each row in your spreadsheet. Each color in the map area will represent one of the unique values from the grouping column.
- Map zip codes based on your data. The boundary tool incorporates a US zip code map that displays the borders of the approximately 43,000 zip codes in the United States. In moments, you can combine your own data with the comprehensive information – including the latest census data – provided by Maptive.
- Plan multi-stop driving routes. Input your spreadsheet into Maptive and, very quickly, you will be able to map street address from excel. Maptive also creates an optimized route for you that will take you from one location to the next.
Start mapping now!
Just follow these simple steps:
Copy & Paste OR Drag & Drop
your data set here.
OR you can Upload My File
Double Click then Copy & Paste
Drag and drop
your data here