What is Maptive’s Turn-by-Turn Navigation?
You are likely familiar with Google Maps navigation, which comes in very handy if you are looking for routes between two or three different locations. Maptive offers access to navigation in several places within our mapping software built on the Google Maps platform, but we take it a step further: optimize routes with 20+ points of interest or stops, then get directions to any and all locations on your route.
How Can I Use Turn-by-Turn Navigation?
There are several ways to get the most out of Maptive’s navigation options.
- Find the best route, then access turn-by-turn directions directly from your map on your desktop or mobile device. Drag and drop stops on your route, and watch your directions update in real-time to reflect the alternate route.
- View directions from your current location (or any manually input location) to any location on your map. If you need a quick way to access directions to a location, simply access nearby locations via the Location List or Location Finder. From there, a new route will appear in your Route Planner tool, along with turn-by-turn directions with street names, specific directions, and color-coded routes.
- Are you in need of offline maps and directions? Simply print your turn-by-turn directions from the Route Planner tool.
- Finally, Maptive has the option to email navigation links directly to your phone. Open these links in either the Apple Maps or Google Maps apps, so you can still get all of the traffic information, voice navigation, and public transit details that you are used to in your favorite navigation apps.
Here’s How To Do It:
- Any time you create or optimize different route options, you will see written navigation between stops by clicking the arrow next to the name of the stop. There are also options in the Routing Tool settings to automatically display all of the turn-by-turn directions.
- If you want to see the directions to one specific location or email yourself the navigation link, there are two ways to do this.
- Go to the Location List. Find the location you want, then click on “Get Directions.” This will automatically add the location to your Route Planner. Click “Get Directions” in the Routing Tool, and the directions will be available below.
- Go to the Location Finder and enter your starting location. Here you have the same option as the Location List (“Get Directions”), but you also have the option to email yourself the navigation link. Click on this if you want to open navigation on Google Maps or Apple Maps on your phone.
Why Should I Use Maptive’s Navigation?
Maptive’s navigation functionality is best suited for those who need to make multiple stops: delivery drivers, field sales representatives, real estate agents, and even supply chain managers. Maptive offers a host of different options for professionals who want a single solution for visualizing and categorizing data, assigning sales territories, and mapping and optimizing routes.
If your map starts to get busy, simply create multiple map views and share the most relevant information with your teammates and employees.
To test out Maptive’s route planning and navigation abilities, try our free trial today. Or, if you’re ready to sign up, check out our plans.