Here are some reasons why Maptive is a good alternative to MapPoint:
- Maptive provides many of the same features that have traditionally been available using Microsoft MapPoint software. See a list of Maptive’s features here
- Maptive is a 100% online. This means anytime/anywhere access and no software to download or install.
- Maptive is powered by Google’s enterprise mapping technology, which means global coverage in over 214 countries and access to a suite of world class mapping tools.
- Maptive is focused software – we’ve carefully steered clear of adding features that rarely, if ever, get used. This enables our customers little to no learning curve as they get the clarity and insights they need from Maptive, then get on with their day.
- Maptive is minimalist and elegant by design. Our powerful analytics features are there when you need them but otherwise out of the way, allowing you to work quickly and with ease. We work tirelessly in pursuit of the best possible mapping experience for our customers.
Try our MapPoint alternative now!
What happened to MapPoint?
MapPoint was first released in 1999, and provided a way to integrate essential business data into an interactive map. MapPoint grew its feature set over the next 14 years, and released its final version (v19) in 2013. Microsoft officially discontinued MapPoint on December 31st 2014, and stopped supporting the software shortly after that. Maptive has tried to pick up where MapPoint has left off by offering a online mapping platform that can replace it in most organizations.
Your MapPoint Alternative:
While Microsoft’s MapPoint was discontinued in 2014, this is no reason to despair. If you are looking for a Microsoft Mappoint alternative, you’ve come to the right place. Not only does our sophisticated platform offer you all the conveniences of MapPoint, it also ensures that you don’t have to spend hours trying to figure out a new piece of complicated software. Maptive is so easy to use that you’ll be mapmaking in moments.
Maptive is a robust, cloud-based mapping platform that helps you create customized, interactive maps easily and efficiently. Our software has been designed with the user in mind. We want you to spend as little time as possible trying to decipher the how and as much time on the what. Our aim was to bring you a MapPoint alternative that is completely intuitive, meaning that, with minimal effort, you can amaze even yourself with what you are able to achieve on our platform. By all accounts, we’ve achieved that aim.
Start mapping today by signing up for our free trial. We will give you access to all the features that make our platform the MapPoint alternative you have been waiting for. You will quickly be able to see how indispensable this tool will become in your life as you marvel at how on earth you managed to survive without it. Whether you’re a techie who can no longer remember what sunlight looks like, or someone who struggles to find the On switch on your computer, you will have no trouble using Maptive.
It’s this simple:
Sign up for your Maptive account today. We won’t ask you for sensitive information like your credit card details. We just want you to get mapping.
Upload your data in the form of an excel spreadsheet. That’s right! No painstaking input processes. You can pop your information directly onto our platform in seconds. (If you prefer to input your data manually, we do of course have options for that too. Every project has its own set of dictates, and we want you to be in the driving seat when it comes to what you are able to achieve on our Microsoft MapPoint alternative.)
Select CREATE MAP and start playing. No, we’re not kidding. It really is that simple. In a flash, your unique map, complete with your own set of location data, will be ready for you to manipulate using our toolkit.
Maptive allows you to see your data in a new way. Rather than getting bogged down by facts and figures that don’t seem to add up to insight, transform your location-based information into a picture that makes sense. Go beyond what Microsoft MapPoint provides and gain an entirely new perspective on your data, regardless of your industry. Whether you are a small startup or a large-scale company, an academic researcher or a ten-year-old wanting to win the science fair, Maptive will transform the way you do data. Our maps can be used by anyone from locations managers of film production companies to entrepreneurs looking for franchising opportunities. If you have information that you need to understand, Maptive will help you do so.
Let’s have a closer look at why Maptive is the perfect Microsoft MapPoint alternative.
Why You Need a MapPoint Replacement
At this point, you may be wondering what ever happened to MapPoint. Sit comfortably so we can tell you the tale.
MapPoint was released by Microsoft in 1999. It provided a solution for map-based data visualization to help its users better understand their location-based information. Over the 14 years of their existence, they continued to grow their toolkit into a comprehensive suite. On December 31st, 2014, MapPoint called it quits and Microsoft stopped supporting the software shortly after that. This left a gap in the market, waiting to be filled.
In steps Maptive, the Microsoft MapPoint replacement that picks up from where they left off. We have not only tried to fill their shoes, but we’ve also started dancing in them. Our MapPoint alternative is the puzzle piece that you’ve been waiting to find to better visualize and understand your data.
The Best MapPoint Replacement Software
Maptive stands on the shoulders of giants. We are proud to be part of an innovative industry that sees the potential in digital technology to bring about real change in the way people do their work. It is only because of all the remarkable discoveries that have come before us that we are able to bring you the superior program we have created.
There is simply no reason to use outdated, clunky software that doesn’t give you the room you need to really come to terms with what your data has to show you. This is why we created Maptive — to pick up where Microsoft MapPoint left off by providing the public with an affordable data visualization tool that simply eclipses the competition when it comes to its useability and capabilities.
Here are just some of the reasons why Maptive is the ideal Microsoft Mappoint Replacement:
- A full suite of superbly designed tools. Remember when you first came across digital mapping software and you were like, “Oh wow! It can do that?!?” Well, Maptive includes all those tricks that wowed you. Our features offer the benefit of insight into your data — a gift that will keep giving for a long time into the future.
- Powered by Google Maps. You may have heard of a them? You know, the platform that has finished every argument on whether or not to turn right here? Like many people on the planet, you undoubtedly use Google Maps to find everything from your route to your new offices to the restroom in a big building. (Oh. Maybe not everyone does that, but it was a huge place, okay?!?)
That means global coverage in over 214 countries.
That means accessibility.
That means all the strength you have come to know and love on Google Maps, coupled with all the other tricks up our sleeves.
- Cloud-based. Yes, sometimes having your head in the clouds is a very good thing. Our MapPoint alternative is 100% online. That means you can access it from any device, anywhere. You also don’t have to struggle with downloads and installations. All you have to do is simply log on and you’re ready to go.
- Designed with user-experience in mind. Our goal was to bring you a MapPoint alternative that was created with you in mind. As a result, Maptive is a focused software — nothing superfluous, nothing cumbersome, nothing that you don’t need. Every tool in our box is there because people find it useful as a method to analyse, visualize, or display their data. That means there is no navigating around aimlessly trying to find what you are looking for. We’ve cut to the chase.
- A full suite of outstanding tools. Our suite is the perfect Microsoft MapPoint alternative. We have to be honest with you — Maptive’s toolkit may very well leave you feeling like a kid again. Remember unpacking that train set, doll’s house, or Lego box, and each new piece that you brought forth was more exciting that the last? Yes, that’s precisely the feeling you’ll get when you start playing around on Maptive. Hold onto your seats, because we’re about to give you the highlights package:
Grouping Tool — Easily color your markers based on categories in your spreadsheet for the purposes of both visualizing and analyzing it.
- Filter Tool — You know what? Sometimes you just don’t want to see ALL of your data. This tool puts you in the driving seat.
- Distance Radius / Drive Time Polygon — Quickly map out distances from a central location and decipher lengths of time it should take to travel between points.
- Routing / Directions Tool — No more excuses for getting lost. Not only will this tool allow you to map multiple locations, but it will also allow you to optimize the route between them!
- Territory Drawing Tool — Create territories so that you can easily visualize and compare them, as well as analyze the data within them
- Boundary Tool — With the help of Google Maps, couple your data with pre-existing geographical boundaries. Use the demographic overlay to easily understand the census data in a particular area.
- Heat Map Tool — Everyone loves a heat map, but aren’t they difficult to create? Not with Maptive. We will help you make an impressive looking heat map to help you understand areas of density and opportunity.
- Drawing Tool — This is the part where you really get to tap into your inner child — but don’t worry Mom, it’s functional too. Make your maps easy to understand by adding labels, arrows, icons, and shapes.
- Fully customizable. No two Maptive maps look the same. Beyond simply being constructed from the same data, every element of how you interact with your map is up to you. Within each of our tools, you can change colors, fonts, opacity, line thickness, and threshold densities. You can alter the look and size of your markers and even upload your own. You can show different perspectives and zoom in and out of specific areas. Our maps are your canvass, and we want you to use them in whatever way best serves your purposes.
- Oh they’re just so gorgeous! It’s true. We are passionate about aesthetics. We know that you might want to use our technology as a tool to create superior presentations, as a content generator for your website, or as a high-quality meeting point for your team. We know that this means your maps have got to look good. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. You’ll be ever so proud to share your creations — which brings us to our next point.
- Shareable, printable, embeddable — When you use our MapPoint replacement, getting your data off the platform is just as easy as it was getting it on. Here are just some of the ways you can take your Maptive maps to the world:
- Share parts or all of your map with colleagues, clients or prospective partners
- Export data in the form of a spreadsheet once it has been through our analytical processes
- Print out a large version of your maps to place on the wall of your offices
- Embed on your website to show the location of your offices
Once you start playing around on our platform, you will see that you really will not want to keep your creations to yourself.
Right now, you are probably feeling like this is the first moment of a new chapter — and you’re right. Sign up for a free trial of Maptive right now and see why this is the Microsoft MapPoint alternative that will transform your relationship to your data. Maptive will soon be an integral part of your operations — your team will love it, your customers will admire it, and your competitors will be left wondering how you keep pulling off the results that you do.
Start mapping now!
Just follow these simple steps:
Copy & Paste OR Drag & Drop
your data set here.
OR you can Upload My File
Double Click then Copy & Paste
Drag and drop
your data here