The Maptive $2,500 Creative Minds Scholarship
At Maptive, we create innovative solutions that help our clients relate to their data in new and creative ways. This helps our clients gain more insight into their own customers.
In business, understanding your customer base is paramount to being successful. For many businesses, their customer base may be from many different countries with varied habits and needs. How can businesses analyze what their customers want when the demographic is so varied? This is where using technology and creativity to conceptualize customer data comes in.
Presentation of data in recent years has changed: infographics, animations and other illustrative ways of presenting data inspire us creatively and allow us to connect with the information more deeply. Businesses are able to map their customers and adapt to their needs, so both benefit from the relationship.
The next creative minds emerging into design, data, and business will be using the latest data analyzing technology and will be at the forefront of advancing creative conceptualizations of information. We want to engage with budding creatives and see what they can present to us. We are offering a scholarship to an undergraduate student who can elaborately take on data presentation in a well-constructed essay and represent their ideas in an info graphic.
Scholarship Amount –
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited US college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Interest in creative industries, technology or business preferred but not required.
Required Application Details –
- Please write an 800 to 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- Why do you think it’s important to present data creatively?
- How do you think creative data presentation will change in the future?
- In relation to your infographic, describe what you are displaying and why you chose that particular style of data presentation.
- Create an infographic to display how data can be displayed creatively. The data displayed can be related to any topic of your choosing.
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
- Please submit The Maptive $2,500 Creative Minds Scholarship form below.
How to Apply –
Please complete the form with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- An essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- A copy of your infographic. Please submits as a .jpeg or .png
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
Application Deadline –
All applications must be submitted by January 5, 2020.
Winner Announcements –
The 2020 winner will be selected and notified via email by January 20, 2020.
The 2019 winner was Ariana Garcia from the University of the Incarnate Word. To read more about Ariana and her winning essay, please click here.
Additional Scholarship Details –
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from Maptive.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about The Maptive Scholarship can be directed to Carrie Webster at [email protected]
- The scholarship funds provided by Maptive will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant Maptive permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on maptive.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions –
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The Maptive Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Maptive.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the Maptive website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Maptive’s social media pages.
About Maptive –
Starting as a custom map shop in 2010, Maptive is a dedicated group of mapping specialists who want to give users a solid and painless mapping experience.
We built our mapping software on top of Google Maps for Business platform, which is the industry leader in online mapping. This helps us to provide the speed, accuracy and global coverage that is required to work with all types of businesses and organizations-no matter the industry or size.